The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Throw us a sync'ing bone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
In my tests, OmniFocus was not able to communicate with the server with the Digest authentication scheme.
OmniFocus definitely does support digest authentication; it's what I've been using for authentication all along on my sync server (a Mac mini running apache on OS X 10.4). I strongly recommend using digest authentication in preference to basic authentication.

Greetings

I bought this without reading the disclaimer ( must have hubris account or do webDAV ), tough for me, you have my money, if I run into "webdav" I will try and get it back from "it" so maybe this is not a total loss, jokes on me...Oh I will not recommend this "Group" to a soul.

Terence Dodge

Brian,

I do appreciate the apology and the prompt responses I've gotten.

It just feels from where I sit like the real options are hire someone to help me set up the WebDAV deal (which I'm guessing would run me no less than $60) or pony up the $100 for Mobile Me, which really isn't of any other use to me.

So for me, essentially, at this point anyway, OF for the iPhone to get it working in any way I can actually use is going to run me from $80 to $120 total.

So I'm truly hoping that a desktop sync fix identified an made available. My experiences with Omni so far have been stellar. Today has just been a really low day among many high points so far.

I'm still hoping on the desktop sync.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Michael

After trying the 10.4 version of the WebDAV instructions on here:

http://manas.tungare.name/blog/2008/.../#comment-8352

The instructions seem to work fine... I can connect to the WebDAV share via Finder "connect to server" but when trying to synch via OF, I get the same exact authentication error that I got on the 3 other setups I tried before ("WebDisk" via cPanel on VPS, WebDAV directory on shared accelerator on joyent, locally with MAMP).

At this point, I'm totally synch and tired of that issue... So I'm temporarily giving up.

If someone get OF to synch on 10.4 via WebDAV, please chime in so that I know it's a problem with my setup, and not a 10.4 bug in OF. For now, it seems to be the later to me...

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
It just feels from where I sit like the real options are hire someone to help me set up the WebDAV deal (which I'm guessing would run me no less than $60) or pony up the $100 for Mobile Me, which really isn't of any other use to me.
Lots of people are reporting success with BingoDisk, which only costs $20/year.

We're also investigating how we might be able to provide direct Wi-Fi sync between iPhone and Mac over the air without involving a separate server. Hopefully we'll be able to provide that in a free update within the next few months.

As I posted last message, a new sneak peak is available and webDAV synching works... on all the setups I mentioned above...

I should have just waited... Ho well, now I'm like a WebDAV professional...

Thanks OMNI!! :)

EDIT: only initial synch works - after that I got all kinds of errors, all different it seemed :P Short term solution: get a mobile me free trial and cancel in 59 days, by then, Omni should have figured everything out (I hope...)

Last edited by yann; 2008-07-13 at 12:34 PM..

How did you get it working with Digest? Mine fails completely unless it's set to basic.

Last edited by lhotka; 2008-07-11 at 04:36 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Hey Ken,

We're also investigating how we might be able to provide direct Wi-Fi sync between iPhone and Mac over the air without involving a separate server. Hopefully we'll be able to provide that in a free update within the next few months.
OF iPhone is so damn cool. This would be fantastic if you guys were able to provide this. Not everyone is in the tech field, so this would definitely make it more Mac friendly, plug and play-like. Thank you for the suggestions. I hope to hear more as there is a sense of how many folks are having luck with Bingo disk in the meantime.

It is a beautiful app (which makes this syncing prob all the more painful :)). Well done. The location aware contexts if I can get it to sync will be over-the-top cool.

Thanks for all your efforts to keep us posted on the possibilities.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ghlight=tomben

Up and running in a few min and no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Lots of people are reporting success with BingoDisk, which only costs $20/year.

I am so very happy to hear that this is in the works, because its current non-existence is the one thing holding me back from buying OF for iPhone right now. I'm not about to start mucking around with baroque (to me) sync solutions just because Apple is being stubborn about not letting any third-party apps use USB syncing. As soon as this functionality is added, I'll be all over this app. Hooray for the Omni Group, once again! :)