The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A newbie is confused Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I struggling with OP. I am reading the manual and trying to set up OP. However I need some help please:

1. I am opening a hotel on 01.02.2013 and want to schedule all work towards this date. So I have set up the project with a specific date of 01.02.13 and direction should be backwards from fixed end? Correct?

2. Some items will be delivered directly to the hotel. Let's say I want to have all linen in the hotel by the 2nd of January and the lead time is 3 month. How do I enter this. I know when the linen needs to be in the hotel (2.01.13) and I know the lead time of three month. So I would like OF to show me when I need to place the order

3. Other items will be sent to a city and from there shipped to the hotel. These items need to be in the city by December 1st and should then be dependant on the shipment date (I guess the shipment day will be a milestone). How do I enter this?

Any help would be great. I guess the rest I can do myself by reading the manual. However I am too confused at the moment to get the drift.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by lorew; 2012-08-14 at 11:53 PM..