The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change Which Column Determines Section Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Started an outline. Was initially just thinking of using it as a list. As the project grew, I realized I needed an additional column to act as the Section column. Without doing multiple copy and pastes, is there any way to change which column is the "main" column?

Thanks

Christopher

There isn't UI to do this. The easiest method may to be rearrange the columns to the order you want then in, and then create a new blank document with the same number of columns with matching settings. Then copy and paste the entire document to the new file. The xml source as also be manually modified to change the outline column if copy and paste doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks for posting this method. I have often wanted to delete the original column while having the outline structure move to another column. It would be super-awesome if there were UI way to do this.