The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus as a Development Management System Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I invite you all to read my post describing how I use OmniFocus as a software development management system. Any comments and feedback is welcome.

http://zvikico.typepad.com/problog/2...nt-system.html

Thanks,
Zviki

Zviki,

Great post! I love to see how people implement OmniFocus. I would be interested in learning more about how you use your "tags" such as [check].

Steve

Steve

Thanks, Steve.

I started using the "tags" at a later stage, since I was missing another categorization system. I currently use the following tags:
  • [bug] - to mark a problem. I assume everything else is a regular task (usually enhancement or new feature).
  • [check] - these are the kind of things that pop into my head while working on something else - "oh, I should check that ...."
  • [idea] - all sorts of ideas for future features and enhancements.

Adding these tags makes it easier to sort the tasks in the inbox during my daily review, and make them more manageable later on.

It would be nice to see it becoming a standard feature. I think there are mainly two features I'm missing: the tagging and priorities (you can flag, but that's not flexible enough).

Having custom-columns could be great.

BTW, the columns of OmniOutliner do not provide a complete solution for tagging. There is no column type which perfectly fits. You can enter your tags as text, but its' not the optimal solution.

i would love it if it were possible to use this in a group setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvikico View Post
BTW, the columns of OmniOutliner do not provide a complete solution for tagging. There is no column type which perfectly fits. You can enter your tags as text, but its' not the optimal solution.
Yeah, it would be nice if the planned metadata columns for OmniFocus would take things a step further and provide some kind of nice tag-like objects (possibly using the little blue lozenges that one often sees used for tags and keywords, like in Yojimbo or like the way Mail displays recognized email addresses in the To field).

-Dennis