The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iOS 4.1 - New inbox item loses Title Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1. When I create a new item via the inbox, I first enter the title, then move down a line to select a context. After I select the context and the screen returns to the "New Inbox Item" screen...the Title is no longer there. Same issue if type in the title on the "Title & Note" screen (although text in the note field is retained).

If I type in the title again after selecting the context, and then go to select a project, sometimes the title is there after selecting the project...sometimes not...

usually the third time entering the title it sticks...

If I only enter a title and save, the title text is retained.

I have done a power off/power on to clear up the memory.

Anyone else with this issue?

Yes, we submitted an OmniFocus 1.7.3 update to the App Store work around that bug last week, it's currently waiting for review.

Any work around until the update? Thanks.

Fill in the other details first, and fill in the title last.

I just loaded 1.7.2 onto my iPhone with Version 4.1 (8B117).

I can't enter anything in the Title and Notes. That is, I see the screen with the white bubble divided by a line, and nothing happens when I tap anywhere. Well, sometimes one of the entry areas will turn solid blue for a tenth of a second.

Will 1.7.3 fix this?

How long do you think the review process takes?

Thanks,
Cosmo

No one really knows how long the review process takes , it's all up to apple . At least they finally released their app standards , that should speed things up a little for Omni and others : )

I also can't enter in titles no matter what order I enter stuff in on my iPod Touch.

However.... Just went to look at the app store and 1.7.3 is now available for upgrade, will go test and report back

Just spent £11.99 on AppStore for the iPhone app and can't put any actions into the thing!

I have an iPhone 3Gs running 4.1 (8B117).

I have the latest version of Omnifocus for iPhone 1.7.3 and am unable to insert a title or comment - there is no text cursor and no keyboard - so no way of adding any meaning to the action.

Please let me know if anyone has found a solution.

Omnifocus is the most expensive app I have bought on the iPhone and it is useless at this stage.:(

Edit: OK solution was pretty straight forward - restart the phone - if anyone else is having the same issue hope this helps:)

Last edited by andr01d; 2010-10-09 at 05:37 AM..