The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

diagram re-arranging itself (basic stupidity) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using Omnigraffle Pro to make a flowchart... rather stupidly unable to get round a very basic problem.

If I add a new connection the whole diagram re-arranges itself on my screen, forcing me to rather laboriously re-arrange everything back to how it was. If I lock the diagram (or most of it) then the connections won't lock to the objects.

I realise I am being monstrously thick here, but would love it if someone could explain in simple language how I get it to leave objects where I put them?

Thanks

Dominic

Sorry for the confusion - you chose a document template that has the Auto-Layout feature turned on. You can turn it off for this document in the Diagram Layout tab of the Canvas inspector.

(Templates in the Brainstorming and Org Chart sections have it enabled by default; it's also possible it got turned on accidentally.)

thank you very much. However long I looked, I doubt I would have found that!