The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Duration and Weekend Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I am encountering this very strange behavior. I set up a fresh file and add a task. I have my work-week set to 7 days so that in the week display i get seven rows (this is easier to read for my team). However I have also set a work-week to 40 hours (default). Now when i resize the task, the duration snaps to mondays, rather than saturdays or sundays. THIS IS PERFECT. This is the behavior i am expecting. The duration will be displayed as 5d or 1w.

Now I am having a different file, may be a dozen or so tasks, with dependencies and 4 resources allocated: 1 per task. However this time the behavior is different: Duration now counts the weekends! This is so weird! i can easily open a new template and it works fine. However, if i go to this file, which was created from the same template it doesn't work. The only difference i could think of, is that i have used the start and end column in the task list to set specific start dates. Could that affect this strange behavior of ignoring weekends and adding them to duration?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

i am trying to have weekends displayed in task view. i have my work week set to 7 days a week. although when i switch to task view, only weekdays are displayed. the dates between friday to monday are missing. how do i show all 7 days in task view?

Last edited by mercury7; 2007-02-11 at 08:02 PM..

zimpff -- I'm not sure what's going on. It might be easiest if you sent your files in to omniplan@omnigroup.com and one of our support ninjas can take a look.

mercury7 -- How did you get your "work week set to 7 days a week" ? You need to adjust both the effort conversions in the project formatting inspector and the normal work week for the project in the calendar view. If you only changed the effort conversions, but didn't add work time to the calendar on Saturday and Sunday, they won't show up in the Gantt chart.

Choose "Calendar View" from the View menu. Make sure that you're viewing the "Normal Work Week for Project". Then drag the green bubbles left and right, so that they cover Saturday and Sunday too, or drag out new bubbles if you work different hours on the weekend.