The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus URL Support -- Community Feedback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Perspectives are saved as files in
~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives/
so you could link to those from OO.
This seems to have changed some time since March — at least, new perspectives that I've created since then aren't showing up there. Is there any other way to set up one-click access to a given OF perspective from outside OF?

Yes, they changed how perspectives are saved since I wrote that. Now they are accessible as URLs.

There's probably an easier way, but you can link to such a URL like this:
Type the URL in Safari's address bar (e.g. omnifocus:///perspective/Inbox ). Then you can drag the link (the globe preceding the address) to OmniOutliner.

Thanks, I'll try that. Will have to either learn URL encoding (%20 and all that) or start naming my perspectives without spaces or funky characters....

BTW, there definitely *is* an easier way — you should be able to copy (and save of course, which is the really useful part) the text of the URL into any text field in any application that supports OS X services, then choose Open URL from the Services menu.