The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jump to Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Perhaps this already exists and I can't find it.

Wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut or an applescript that would allow one to 'jump to a project' (jump to conclusions to come later...)

I have far too many projects to just have a perspective view for each project, but often times I'll be in my contexts view or due view and want to quickly jump to an individual project. Search doesn't always work as it seems if I have things hidden or focused in on something I can't go.

Be nice to press a key combo: and able to type in project name (sweet deal if it filters like it already does) and then go straight to that project. Put it in 'focus' mode would be the cream on top, but not always necessary...

Thanks for the help

Would this project be the one that contains the action you have selected? If so, it's already there. Either option-double-click on a row handle, or select a row and right-or-control-click and select Focus in New Window, and you'll be given a new window focused on the project that contains the selected item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Would this project be the one that contains the action you have selected? If so, it's already there. Either option-double-click on a row handle, or select a row and right-or-control-click and select Focus in New Window, and you'll be given a new window focused on the project that contains the selected item.
Yeah but you have to navigate there, and know where in your outline that project is. The Hit List's implementation of this is really slick. Just hit 'g' and then type the project, and *boom* there you are.

It might be worth looking at this script.

With the action selected press Option-Command-R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
It might be worth looking at this script.
Exactly what I was looking for! Got it set up with a quicksilver trigger.

Thanks so much!!! :)