The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature: Alphabetical sorting of projects and/or contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I searched, but I can't find any way to automatically sort lists of projects and/or contexts in alphabetical order. It is possible to manually rearrange items on those lists, but for me projects and contexts don't have any particular order, and I don't want to waste my time tweaking it. However I would prefer to keep the lists alphabetic to make browsing easier.

Such feature seems so obvious to me, that it makes me think that maybe I just missed some hidden option?

Regards,
Adam Byrtek

It's been submitted as a feature request and AFAIK should be in the finished app.

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to sort my projects in alphabetical order, but to no avail. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Brandon

Select the projects you want to sort in the sidebar. Then choose edit->sort->by name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Select the projects you want to sort in the sidebar. Then choose edit->sort->by name.
That's a good trick on the iPad :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
That's a good trick on the iPad :-)
Well, sure, but this is the OmniFocus for Mac forum. I checked! :-)

It is, but the poster did ask about the iPad, judging from his subject line...no edits to the post, so I don't think he put it on later to trip you up :-)