The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unable to completely disable filters Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running OmniWeb v5.5 (v607)

It would seem that I'm unable to disable filtering completely for sites.

I was just browsing Amazon and noted that with my current filter settings, most of the images on an Amazon list of items matching a search, are not displayed.

I hit the Site Preferences button, went to the ad blocking tab and disable all the options. I reload the page and some of the images appear though not all of them.

The same thing happens for the FastMail forum pages. I visit this URL here:

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/forum/index.html

I then select one of the three forums. A new tab loads with a green blank screen. I have to click on the blank screen for the forum to load. Doing a site preference disabling of ad filtering doesn't help what happens there.

In fact, why disable that forum page's displaying at all??

I've been evaluating for registration, but this has been bad behaviour so far on a background of being generally impressed. I'm currently undecided. On the one hand the workspace feature is nice. OTOH, I couldn't care less about features if web pages will not display without hassle.

Am I missing anything or is it just plain bugs?

I tried the fastmail site you mentioned, and it works without problems, even with all my normal filtering active.

Do you maybe use some third party personal firewall that does ad blocking? You should then see the same problems with any other browser, though.

Edit: No, a personal firewall wouldn't show that green box. Strange. Disabling the filter always worked for me.

That's right. I'm using no personal firewalls. All other browsers work fine with those sites.

That is strange. Do you see a small image icon in the status bar? If you hit View > Load All Images do the images then display?

That said, I did notice some caching issues in 5.5. So possibly you're blocking the images, turning off the block, and going back to those pages and it's just going to the cached pages. Also, if a plugin is involved in requesting those images, OW 5.5 has major issues with cache.

I'm thinking it's a caching issue as well. Restarting OW seems to fix the issue when it occurs.