The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Default perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just purchases OF and I must say it's starting to grow on me. I do have one question:

Is there a way to establish a default perspective? I've created a perspective however each time I run OF the view settings revert to different settings and I need to trigger the perspective shortcut to switch into the perspective.

My apologies is this is a silly question or has already been covered extensively.

Cheers.

I believe that the perspective you have when you close OF is the one you get when opening it.

Thanks, that does seem to be the case, although my view does change if I trigger a context after opening a new window. Perhaps there are some aspects of the view a context is not setup to control e.g. groups expanded or collapsed.

Does anyone know if there's a way to increase the size of the OF window on opening? On my system it doesn't seem to remember if I expand the window size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussleTop View Post
Is there a way to establish a default perspective?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussleTop View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to increase the size of the OF window on opening?
As a stop-gap pending a better solution, you could start OF with an Applescript (perhaps launched by a Quicksilver keyboard trigger).

If you open the Perspectives Window, and then drag your default perspective to the top of the list (thereby making it "Perspective 1") you might get what you want by adjusting something like:

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell default document
		if number of document window is 0 then
			make new document window
		end if
	end tell

set strFirstPPV to name of perspective 1 -- At the top of the Perspectives Window list

tell document window 1 of front document
		set perspective name to strFirstPPV
		set bounds to {0, 0, 1000, 500} -- Adjust the top-left, bottom-right window coordinates
	end tell
end tell
Alternatively, you could store such a script in ~/Library/Scripts/Omnifocus and then use View/Customize_Toolbar to drag it into the OF toolbar.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-30 at 03:58 PM..