The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Location Bar and Auto-Completion Sluggishness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OmniWeb as my default browser now for several months. Yes, it has now supplanted Safari!

However, there is one important, nagging issue for me: the Location Bar with Auto-Completion is very sluggish. Now, I've tried auto-completion off, but find it tedious to have to type in the full URL's for my frequently visited sites.

However, with auto-completion on, it often takes a second or longer to bring up the list of URL's. While OmniWeb is generating this list, it is unresponsive and doesn't display what I am typing into the location bar. The real killer here is that sometimes it doesn't capture every key that I type in. For example, I often have to type 'w' 'w' 'w' 'w' (four w's) to get "www" (three w's) into the location bar. Yes, it loses one of my keystrokes!

Admittedly have a slower machine (1 GHz G4), which probably compounds the problem, but still...

Last edited by Jean-Paul Samson; 2006-11-15 at 12:20 PM..