The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF 1.7 Perspective Problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sure they do. Just set a grouping setting in the view bar. My Tickler perspective is context mode with the following View Bar (click to embiggen):
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	751
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1025

With all the groups collapsed expect Starts Today and Starts Tomorrow, it works nicely as a tickler file.

Curt

I can't seem to make this work. For instance, I'm using the same "Tickler" perspective as Curt...and after I follow your steps, and then quit OF...when I come back the folders are expanded and stay expanded (no matter the number of different perspectives I switch between) unless I manually collapse them. I have the "Restore" Expansion, Selection, and Column preferences checked.

Is this just buggy? Or is this the "new and improved" UI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhistler View Post
Is this just buggy? Or is this the "new and improved" UI
This is a bug. Actually it's at least two bugs: sidebar expansion isn't always restored, group expansion is never restored.

Remember to submit bug reports with Help → Send Feedback.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Sure they do. Just set a grouping setting in the view bar. My Tickler perspective is context mode with the following View Bar (click to embiggen):
Attachment 1025

With all the groups collapsed expect Starts Today and Starts Tomorrow, it works nicely as a tickler file.
Oh, I was referring to action groups.