The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sort or group by Project - how is order determined? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using a Core Context Perspective with Due/Flagged where I wish to group tasks by Project. Regardless if I choose to group by Project or Sort by Project, the sorting order does not correspond to my Project List in the Sidebar. It also does not map to any alphabetical or any other order, as far as I can tell.

I genereally have my Project List sorted in order of Importance, i.e. Projects that are important are higher up in the list. This is also the way I would like to reflect my Core Perspective.

Any idea of how the sorting order is determined?

Sorry for the trouble, Eco! When I attempted to set up a perspective with the settings you mention, the order of the group corresponded with what I saw in the sidebar of Project mode.

This probably means that my attempt isn't capturing the issue you're seeing correctly; if you contact our support folks via email, we can gather some screenshots and figure out what's going on here.

Hi Brian,

I have just submitted this to the support ninjas. I also noticed that the sort order is actually correct on one of my computers, and also on my iPhone, while the incorrect (but consistent) sort order appears on one computer and on the iPad.

Will post back here once I understand what is going on... ;)

Best regards,
Erik

It was something corrupt in my cache, but with some quick help from the Support Ninjas it is now solved and I'm back to happy GTD:ing... ;)