The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Reminders + iCal sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I haven't been paying attention over the past 6 months to version releases – only updating when OF told me to.

But this entire thread refers to version 1.8 but neither the software client nor the website acknowledges 1.8 as released as of August 2010.

So how is it that this conversation is happening about a release that isn't out?

Am I missing something?

Ah thank you – this has been in pre-release for a long long time, interesting

You're welcome. Yeah, 1.8 has been churning along for a while now, but it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Here's how to publish due reminders from OmniFocus 1.8:
  1. Open Sync Preferences
  2. Make sure the "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" checkbox is checked.
  3. Optionally press the "Sync Now" button to make sure an updated calendar is published to your sync server. (This happens automatically a few minutes after each edit to your task database.)
  4. Optionally press the "Subscribe in iCal" button to subscribe your Mac to the reminders calendar.

Hope this helps!
The question is: How to subscribe to the iCal? I mean, Do I need to do anything else?
I have synchronization with MobileMe but the OmniFocus Calendar doesn't appear on my iCal...

very simple:

* open iCal
* menu "calendar" > subscribe
* Calendar URL: webcal://sync.omnigroup.com/YourUserNameHere/OmniFocus-Reminders.ics

Since it is a log-in access you'd most likely be asked for your access credentials.

On the iPhone it's a similar process. I have not found a way of easily transferring subscribed calendars to the iPhone from the mac (shame on you, apple!).

You'd go to (on iOS5):

* Settings > Mail, Calendar, Contacs
* Under Accounts > Add Account
* Other
* Add Subscribed Calendar (on the bottom)

Hope this helps :)

Is there any way to have the reminders calendar pull events further out than 2 weeks? That's really the dope I'm looking for that various searches have not yet revealed. Should probably admit our 2-person office has only been omniFocused for about a week now, but we love it

Thanks FatalError, that worked. My reminders show up as calendar events, how can I get them to show up on the reminder list instead?