The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task hierarchy not showing in Context mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have many tasks that I need to keep putting off... I move them to next Monday for example. Its because they are lower priority than immediate projects, and can be put off if I dont complete the important stuff in time.

Anyway, I am a bit sick of selecting each one individually all the time and changing the date in the Inspect pop up window.

So I created a Task called To Do later. I put all these tasks under that main task, and removed their individual dates. Put a date on the main To Do Later. So I can just change that one date and all the sub-tasks are moved too.

BUT my main view for work is a Context, because I want to Group by Due date so I get the Due Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday groupings. But in Context mode it does not display the hierarchy of sub-tasks under the project, and just lists them all in the top level.

e.g. In projects its like this:-

----
NEXT ACTIONS
---
To Do Later
- Task 3
- Task 1
- Task 4
- Task 2

In my Contexts view its like this:
----
DUE TOMORROW
---
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Task 4
To Do Later

So this is no good... it should be able to show me the sub-tasks under a main task in Context mode surely. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks a lot