The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your most important feature request?
Calendar View 19 31.15%
Focus 10 16.39%
Link Contacts 8 13.11%
Multiple Contexts 4 6.56%
Share / Delegate 7 11.48%
Tags 13 21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: OmniFocus iPhone Feature Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes project based perspectives/focus or whatever you want to call it. The ability to select tasks/projects that will be focused on and backgrounding everything else. I use it on the desktop version all the time so the mobile omnifocus is rather limiting and tends to get relegated to a simple shopping list client. PBP :) would fulfil a lot of omnifocus iphone's potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliteralmind View Post
None of the poll items are even moderately critical for me. I would love tags, but critical? Far from it.
Apologies aliteralmind (and to Bill, Curt et all). It had been my intention to re-do the Poll (it isn't possible to edit) and ask Brian to delete this thread. However, the OmniFocus4iPad launch mania hit and I didn't have the heart to ask him to do me a favour when he was swamped with innumerable and far more important requests.

I completely accept that none of the features listed are in any way critical, I was just curious to see if there was any one specific that would lead the pack out of those that I had seen previously requested.

I'm a neo-GTD'er (I so wanted to be a fundi- but failed so badly!) and am currently in the process of moving my business GTD over to FileMaker, having already moved my personal actions over to HoneyDo, which in my humble opinion, handles stuff like shopping, errands, social events, dvds, books, etc. much better than OmniFocus.

I'll keep OF as my lifeplan GTD and probably like it a lot better when I don't have to enter 200+ actions a day into it (FileMaker will then get the blame for my angst!).

I'm looking forward to seeing how OmniFocus develops, I'm figuring on seeing controls over local alerts, contacts, location-based alerts (please God, don't let it be within 2 miles as implemented in Pocket Informant!), and Document Interchange being added over the next few releases.

It's finally, for me, come down to horses-for-courses, so if I have to run three completely different GTD Apps, that's what I'll do. I have to accept that there's no point in me hoping to vote or out-vote what other Members find critical to them or relying on Omni to implement feature requests that may only be important to me.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-10 at 11:47 AM..

Not at all. I found it to be an interesting discussion.

Am I missing a trick? Is it possible to nest projects in OmniFocus on the iPhone? Projects already nested on the mac sync perfectly I just can't work out how to achieve it in the app.

Yes, it is. If you want to nest one action inside another, first create both actions. Tap the action to be moved inside. Tap the reorganize button at bottom right (looks like a file folder), then tap the action you want to nest it inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Now, the ability to do reviews on the device and sync the info back to the desktop — to me that seems like a universally useful feature.
To make matters even more complicated, reviewing a project is perfectly possible without using the "Review" feature of OmniFocus. I have established morning, evening, weekly and monthly reviews, yet have never felt a need to use the "next review date" field or to "stamp" my projects as reviewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macula View Post
To make matters even more complicated, reviewing a project is perfectly possible without using the "Review" feature of OmniFocus. I have established morning, evening, weekly and monthly reviews, yet have never felt a need to use the "next review date" field or to "stamp" my projects as reviewed.
That's really only feasible if you can do all of your reviews to completion, or are willing to use some other means to track review status.

That's correct. I rarely interrupt a review, and if I ever do I start from scratch. A sacrifice of a few minutes goes a long way towards getting the big picture. But I can understand your request from your own viewpoint.

The only thing I really miss is being able to edit (and view) the "estimate" fields on tasks. This is part of my inbox processing which in effect I cannot easily do on the iPhone as things stand.

Ben Peter
http://ben-peter.com/blog

Ben, be sure to send in a request for that functionality via the Send Feedback command on the settings page in the app.