The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Internet Explorer pretend Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to figure out how to get OmniWeb to pretend to be internet explorer, in order to access a website. Can someone help me please.

Go to the website. Click on the Site Preferences inspector button, which is just to the right of the Google search field in the toolbar (by default). Click on Preferences for <domain name>, Other, and then set the Identify to web servers and scripts as: choice to whatever you want.

Note that if "please use Internet Explorer" is really code for "we use that ActiveX crap in our website because we are losers" then you aren't going to get appreciably farther even if you identify as IE.

Thank you for your help.
Unfortunately I didn't get much further, so I'm assuming that you are right about the ActiveX.

I don't know anything about ActiveX, what is so bad about it? Is it not compatible with OmniWeb?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveX

It's a typical Microsoft attempt to force everyone to use Microsoft software.

That is crappy. Thanks again for your help