The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Server sync and project sharing questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've searched the forum but couldn't find the answers to address my issues:

1. How do I share different projects to different users? It seems right now that all shared users will need to have my OmniServer login credentials, thereby having access to all my projects at the same time?

2. Is it possible to share a "branch" to specific collaborators on the project, meaning I only want to share either a "filtered" view or some kind of sub-branch only so they won't have access to the rest of the tasks and branches on the project?

Please help, thanks.

OmniPlan (and the Omni Sync Server) don't currently have any ideas about access control inside a given account. OmniPlan does support setting up multiple accounts, though, and the "which account do I sync to" setting is per-document. You'll want to set up different accounts for different projects.

I'm reasonably sure there's a feature request open on the "let this person see branch X, but not the rest of the plan", but that's also not supported yet.

If that feature would help your workflow, email the support ninjas and we can attach you to that item in our development database - all other things being equal, more popular requests get priority when we're planning our work. Thanks!

Brian,

could you or Ken speak to Omni policy about how many Omni sync server accounts one can open without wearing out one's welcome?

It hasn't yet become a problem, so we haven't worried about it too much. I worry a bit that some policy we made up to deal with problems that don't exist yet might do more harm than good. If it ever becomes a problem, we can formulate a policy that deals with that issue specifically.

I suspect that I may come to regret those words someday, but so far it's worked pretty well, so I'm stickin' with it. ;-)