The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to change the margins? When I print, the top line is too high and gets cut off.

Looks like this is in File > Page Setup rather than the main print pane.

I have gone in and changed the page options, and even created a custom page and the header is still too high on the page.

That's the printer/paper margins not the margin to use for content. Generally, margins are poorly supported by the OS and each app has to add margin support if they need it. We'd hoped to not need to add the extra UI, but if you need different margins for your printouts, let us know via Send Feedback.

I have tried on several printers and also as a pdf. I can continue to play with different page sizes.

Hi I'm having the same problem. I try and change the print margins on my custom page but it adds the left and right margins and outputs to the right and the top and bottom margins and output to the bottom. Am I missing something?

All I want to do is have the page start printing an 1.5" down from the top.

Also I am running OmniFocus/1.5/GM-v77.13.4.

This is a known bug (or unsupported feature) as documented by Tim. Use Help -> Send Feedback to cast your vote for proper margin support.

In the meantime, my kludgey work around is to print to PDF then crop the pdf in Preview (or Skim) and reprint from there. It only works for single pages of output, but usually when I'm printing it's to an index card anyway.

Hope that helps.

Curt

Thanks I thought I was crazy or something. I'll submit feedback and try your work around.

Use Help → Send Feedback to submit a vote for fixing this. I'm afraid the number of people printing things as become small enough that this feature is a low priority. I know that since I got my iPhone, I've stopped printing from OF.

Curt