The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GTD's David Allen new OF Setup guide Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings all

I am curious who has had a chance to read GTD's David Allen new OF Setup guide. Would those of you who have, be willing to share with me, us, your impressions?

See Davidco dot com > product page

Cheers
Neil

I've only looked at the sample provided. It's curious that they seem to make such a big deal about making sure all of your potential actions are shown (by encouraging the use of parallel projects) and to my eyes, seemingly deprecating the next action concept.

I'm not *too* surprised about that bit, Bill - OmniFocus takes the approach of 'one next action at a time', but folks at DavidCo mentioned to us a while back that their vision includes more than one. There's a feature request open on providing that (at least as an option) in the future.

(I haven't had a chance to read the setup guide yet, but I know a couple of folks here are doing so.)

just bought it and wondering if omni had any input or say into what was published . They discourage the use of "start dates " huh ?

Read it all now , IMO the free gtd guide that omni provides is MUCH BETTER . I have to wonder how much the folks at davidco even use omnifocus . The only suggested use for SAL's is as checklists of things to remember .. but you don't actually put items in the list , you put them in a note attached to the SAL.

A major problem with that , you can't see the note on the iPhone client because the SAL is empty !