The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ongoing Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I have a task that I need to work on a little bit everyday for 2 weeks for example, how do I get that to show up everyday in my forecast rather than just on the start and due date. I want the forecast to capture everything that I need to be working on in a specific day - not just what needs to be started or due.

Is this possible?

Make a repeating task "do some work on X" with a start date and due date of the first day the work starts. You'll have to stop it manually (maybe put "through 2/19" in the title) and forecast view won't show you all of the work to be done, just the current (if not done yet) or next one, but it will be there in forecast each day if you check it off the day before.

Alternatively, enter a non-repeating event by hand for each day, also with a start date. Now forecast view will show all of the upcoming obligations, but entering or modifying it is more work.