The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Controlling angle of lines into magnets... how? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to coerce a line to terminate at an object at (say) right angles to the edge of the shape? This is standard behaviour in Powerpoint, and very handy for some sorts of diagrams. I can't see how you can do this automatically. You can approximate it manually by putting a break point in a line, but these seem very hard to work with - and cause more problems than they solve if you subsequently move the shape.

I am not hopeful - an earlier message in this forum from another member asked a similar question but got no response at all. Fingers crossed for more luck with this question.. :)

I'd suggest using the orthogonal line type, which automatically "doglegs" to always provide a vertical or horizontal line segments.

HTH,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel
I'd suggest using the orthogonal line type, which automatically "doglegs" to always provide a vertical or horizontal line segments.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd much rather have this for curved lines. In Powerpoint curvey lines / arrows have this orthogonal characteristic, and somewhere else I have even seen the provision of Bezier style curvature / angle adjustments for line endings to control the angle of incidence quite finely.

Anyone got ideas about how you do orthogonal curvey lines?

Apply a really big corner radius to an orthogonal line in the Line and Shape Inspector?