The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Linking tasks to contacts, events and/or other tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad131 View Post
For what it's worth... I keep a project called "Keeping in Touch" with contexts of usually Phone or Email. Under that are tasks for individuals I want to keep in contact with (both personal and professional).

Example:
Keep in touch with Bob Smith. (Repeats every 5 weeks from completion date, start and due dates one week apart) @Email.

This just reminds me that I should shoot Bob and email about every 5 weeks to touch base and keep current. If an action comes out of that (like getting together for dinner/drinks), then it goes right back in to OF.

It's not perfect, but it works for me.
Ohh, I like that! Great idea, thanks Chad!

We can of course enter Contacts.app contacts manually as new contexts in the "People" context, but would I be correct in presuming that there's no integrated way to do this?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add new people contexts by searching through my contacts and picking the one who will become the context. Then I'd want some way to easily open them in Contacts.app from OmniFocus. In addition, if they changed their name (for example, by getting married) and I updated that in Contacts.app, the OmniFocus context would automatically update.

If I'm correct that this isn't possible at the moment, any chance this will (or could) be a 2.0 feature?

Merged existing threads to centralize info. Adding vote to the feature request we have open on this. We'll be ready to talk more about what's in v2 after the Debut event at the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Merged existing threads to centralize info. Adding vote to the feature request we have open on this. We'll be ready to talk more about what's in v2 after the Debut event at the end of the month.
Many thanks, Brian. Looking forward to seeing what new features are in store for OF2!

Agree this would be a good idea. Even better is contact addresses could alert you when you are near them.