The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
OF 1.8: Sidebar still resets to default width Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm testing OmniFocus 1.8 and still having issues from the previous 1.7.5 version not addressed.

One of them is unexpected resetting of the Sidebar to its default width. I'm unable to figure out the reasons so far.
 
I'm not seeing that ... do the options under
OF > Preferences > General > Open New Windows
shed any light ?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
I'm not seeing that ... do the options under
OF > Preferences > General > Open New Windows
shed any light ?
Sorry, no.

But now I see what's happening:

OF 1.8
Sidebar width resets to default value each time I go to Contexts from Project view and vice versa.

OF 1.7.5
Sidebar did not reset its widts each time I switched to Contexts from Projects view and vice versa. But it did reset unexpectedly.
 
I don't think that should happen in the default configuration, but maybe a perspective you're using has a context mode sidebar width saved, and it's set to restore that layout whenever you activate that perspective?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I don't think that should happen in the default configuration, but maybe a perspective you're using has a context mode sidebar width saved, and it's set to restore that layout whenever you activate that perspective?
I made a clear install on a virtual machine - no settings from previous configuration.

I have only entered a couple of actions and added a couple of contexts and projects. I have not added any custom perspectives. So my configuration is very similar to default.

P.S.: Sorry for an overwhelming amount of questions that may follow from me - I'm new to OmniFocus and I'm hoping to use it for my business purposes and I have overwhelming amount of projects and actions that I would not love to lose neither I can afford time-consuming restoration of data when I'm on a project. :)

Last edited by makesense; 2010-09-09 at 10:38 PM..
 
Sounds like something our QA Test Pilots should look into. Have you sent in a report to our support ninjas yet? (Choose "Send Feedback" from the Help menu, or just email omnifocus@omnigroup.com.)
 
I'm having the exact same issue - my sidebar does not remember its width when switching to different perspectives. This happened in 1.7.5 and now in 1.8.
 
Discovered the problem. Have to get the sidebar sized as you like, then hit Take Snapshot and make sure Restore Layout is selected in the Perspective's settings. Then when you switch between different perspectives, the sidebar gets restored to whatever it was when you took the snapshot. Hope this helps.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsfan View Post
Discovered the problem. Have to get the sidebar sized as you like, then hit Take Snapshot and make sure Restore Layout is selected in the Perspective's settings. Then when you switch between different perspectives, the sidebar gets restored to whatever it was when you took the snapshot. Hope this helps.
I guess Taking Snapshot changes all the default settings for the current Perspective? How to returned to the shipped ones?
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sidebar width DragonPensando OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2011-10-18 10:21 AM
Badge count resets? [A: caused by quitting app mid-launch] Buckaroo OmniFocus for iPhone 2 2010-04-09 11:15 AM
Date columns in default context view; default views in general noumenal OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2009-02-02 08:20 AM
How to (default) collapse projects list sidebar? santra OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2009-01-04 06:34 PM
Bug: Time Resets on Repeating Events steve OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2007-11-24 02:37 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.