The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Grammatical structure of Project names Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use to use a structure for projects like:

I sell my 19" monitor

It makes the project's goal straightforward and elegant. However I've discovered that it's better for me to start with the object first, for easier scanning. That could become:

19" monitor is sold

That feels a bit passive. I could do:

19" monitor: I sell it

... but that is a bit awkward.

I think I'll go with the second option, but thought I'd ask around. I realize it's highly subjective. Thanks.

Bob

How about this as a Project with - tasks ...

Selling 19" Monitor
- decide price
- post advertisement(s)
- collect money for monitor
- (complete sell)

I would typically use “Sell my 19" monitor”, omitting the “I”. I like my projects and actions to sound more like instructions than descriptions of events.