The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

$20? Revoking your 501(c)(3) non-profit status! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Brian and Ken,

I am going to lead the class action suit against Omni and the confiscatory pricing scheme perpetrated against those who were charged the outrageously high price of $19.99 for Omnifocus for iPhone. It is my intention to immediately have your 501(c)(3) non-profit status revoked.

I also hope to have all of your Bentleys and Private Jets sold to pay for the intentional infliction of emotional distress you have caused all of us. There is nothing more disgusting than software developers who create valuable products that serve their customers unmet needs expecting to profit from their intellectual property, their hard work, and their enormous risk!

Screw you and your caviar and champagne lifestyles . . . you capitalist bastards!

Facetiously yours,

Iannarino

I am pretty sure OmniGroup isn't a 501c3... but this was a good laugh on a Friday (iPhone Day) morning.

BZ

you gotta see the 1 star reviews on the App store... some retards are actually writing literally stuff like: "Shame on you for charging for this!"

Pretty unbelievable stuff... somehow programmers should be ashamed of getting paid for their work...

I am quite certain they're not a 501(c)(3). Omnifocus for iPhone is the Killer App, and the whining was just to much for me . . .

I'm sure they were writing those 1-star reviews while torrenting the iPod Touch 2.0 software so they don't have to pay the $10 to upgrade and ripping CDs for their friends in the frat house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawDaddy View Post
I'm sure they were writing those 1-star reviews while torrenting the iPod Touch 2.0 software so they don't have to pay the $10 to upgrade and ripping CDs for their friends in the frat house.
I wonder how much this is true: a lot of people are buying OF for iPhone seeing it as a very elaborate to-do manager, without knowing much about GTD, and then are unhappy with the flow and organization of the data. I think this may have happened to some extent with OF for Mac also.

Apple has to make reviews only for applications you have bought. I mean, there are a lot of these "drive by reviews" that are obviously not from people who even used it.

BZ

We all know he is joking, correct?

I agree with him, I have no problem with the $20 price. It is good software and works well for me.

A lovely satire, I must say. Very entertaining.

I agree with the 'drive-by' review sentiment. I was browsing through the iTunes App Store and noticed that the review sections are replete with 1-star reviews from people who clearly never intend to purchase app. I think this is very unfair to the developers.

I second the opinion that there should be some way of filtering out those that have not purchased the software from legitimate reviews from actual customers. I think the reviews are very important in the case of the iTunes store because there is no trial period, and I hate to wade through all the useless "I won't buy this" banter to get some useful feedback. At times, the reviews sound like a bad echo chamber...

/rant off