The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't add tasks.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm unsure when it happened - but I am completely unable to add tasks to existing projects. I've tried hitting return, tried using the "add task" button... nothing.

Even when I use Structure -> Add Action, it will display a field for entry for about a second, then it disappears...

Whats going on?

Using Version: r88146-Alpha

When this happened to me, it was because I had my filter set to "Next" or "Available" and didn't realize it. Check to see if yours is set to one of those two. If it is, set it to "All," and you're likely to find a whole bunch of empty tasks (the ones that you entered and had disappear on you).

Well, it worked. BUT..

I can now see all my tasks that I ever did. Obviously, this can't work. Whatever happened to that feature to "auto-hide" completed tasks after a day? Can I do anything else?

You could just switch the filter back when you're done entering tasks. Maybe this will be easier for you to manage once the Perspectives feature is fully implemented.

For now, I keep the filter set to "Available" in Contexts view and to "All" in Projects view, and I do all of my entering of tasks in either Projects view or the Quick Entry window. I plan in the Projects view and work out of the Contexts view.

Right now it's just a filtering quirk, if you want to add a task, change the filter to all. Once you've added and contexted your tasks, flip the filter back to next/available/remaining/whatever.

I know constantly flipping filters around is annoying, my personal workaround is to add tasks almost exclusively through the inbox or Quick Entry, unless I'm actively planning a specific project.