The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View vs. Filter vs. Perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot View Post
I don't use them at all. I want everything I can work on in front of me at any time. I haven't heard a good argument for filtering yet.
Hrm. You're saying you want to see all the completed actions in a project, and not just the ones you have do next? Or that you don't need to see your projects grouped by start date, or when projects are coming up for review?

I find the view bar invaluable. It lets me see just the subset of actions I want to see within the projects/contexts I'm interested in. With Perspectives, they're extremely useful, as I can set up

* a Review perspective, with no project list, grouped by Next Review, sorted by Name, showing only Available actions

* a Bursts perspective, showing an Ungrouped, sorted by Time, with Remaining actions of 15 minutes or less.

* an Errands perspective, with my Errands context (with a couple subcontexts) selected, grouped by Context, sorted by name, remaining actions.

Many more examples come to mind....