The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

share one project only with another computer? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for letting me know how to assign a project in iCal. That is very helpful. Is there a way to tell OF to automatically sync with iCal, or can it only be done manually?

does this happen to you? I create a todo in iCal. I then sync it to OF. Then the todo in iCal goes away until I sync from OF again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllewis@mac.com View Post
Thanks for letting me know how to assign a project in iCal. That is very helpful. Is there a way to tell OF to automatically sync with iCal, or can it only be done manually?
Manually only I'm afraid, but I'm going to have a go at writing a script that can run on a schedule to do it. Don't hold your breath though as I've never written a script in my life before! Doing an online course right now!

Quote:
does this happen to you? I create a todo in iCal. I then sync it to OF. Then the todo in iCal goes away until I sync from OF again.
Hmm no, I've never seen that, though I have seen some other odd things from time to time. I'd check your settings for showing todos in iCal, though I don't know why anything should change just because you synced it.

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know how to assign a project in iCal. That is very helpful.
No problem. I don't know if it'll work to create a new project, or if it only works if the project already exists in OF. If you get a chance to try, let me know the outcome please.

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-24 at 10:20 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
Manually only I'm afraid, but I'm going to have a go at writing a script that can run on a schedule to do it. Don't hold your breath though as I've never written a script in my life before! Doing an online course right now!
The script would be

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
     ical_synchronize
end tell
except there's a bug right now which causes this to call the main synchronize instead. :(

Once we fix that bug, you could maybe use the iCal alarm trick here or something similar to handle the scheduling aspect.

please let us know when the bug is fixed. Thanks.

I tried this script, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Oh right. You have to tell it what document to sync:

Code:
tell front document of application "OmniFocus"
	ical_synchronize
end tell

apple script editor changes "ical_synchronize" to "synchronize." is that the bug you were talking about?