The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Row Padding (Standard vs. Pro) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
Rest assured, the settings will stick.

So if padding is the only change you want to make to the default template, open the default template ... select Whole Document in the sidebar ... open the Inspector ... change the padding setting ... then Save As Template ... give it a name ... and then choose that template whenever you start a new document. The padding you want will be there.
So, just to close this - I've had no problems following your procedure (thanks!) - but I'd like to confirm my observation that "Save As Template" is itself a Pro-only feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp View Post
So, just to close this - I've had no problems following your procedure (thanks!) - but I'd like to confirm my observation that "Save As Template" is itself a Pro-only feature?
I'd like to know this too. Is Save as Template only for Pro? This seems strange.

According to the release notes for today's OO4.0.1 update:

"The File > Save As Template option is now properly available when running the standard version of OmniOutliner."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
According to the release notes for today's OO4.0.1 update:

"The File > Save As Template option is now properly available when running the standard version of OmniOutliner."
Yes - and also in the release notes:

Templates — A new Compact template has been added that is the same as the Blank template but with zero row and note padding.

Many thanks for this! I'm satisfied this is what I need to move forward.