The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I have a few problem printing my projects.

When I preview/print/save as PDF my Gantt chart, it did not show more than one week (the first week) of tasks. The chart got truncated at the first week no matter how I resized the chart.

I am unable to print/preview in the Calendar view. No response.

How do I reduce the margins of the printout? I like to fit as much info into the same page as possible but the wide margins is a waste of space.

How do I print chart containing certain selected tasks while hiding others in the task view?

One more: how do I print the Gantt only. Even if I minimized the left pane (the task list), it still showed up in the printout.

I am using v1.1 RC3.

Thanks.

Last edited by Onmi; 2007-03-29 at 06:17 PM..

Some (most?) of the options you're looking for are in the OmniPlan section of the Print pane. Open the third drop-down menu in the print pane and select 'OmniPlan' and you'll see a bunch of options like margins and whether to print Gantt, Outline or Both.

I *think* the calendar view not printing is a known issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 7.png
Views:	583
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	168  

Thanks for showing me the print option menu.

The first page preview on the print option menu does not seem to work properly. It display the chart OK at first but when I switch to Gantt only, Outline only and then back to Gannt & outline, the first page show a truncated chart for the first week, even if the period entered is longer. Also the option dialog box response is very slow. I guess it has to do with the first page preview.

And how do I print selected rows only?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmi
Thanks for showing me the print option menu.

The first page preview on the print option menu does not seem to work properly. It display the chart OK at first but when I switch to Gantt only, Outline only and then back to Gannt & outline, the first page show a truncated chart for the first week, even if the period entered is longer. Also the option dialog box response is very slow. I guess it has to do with the first page preview.

And how do I print selected rows only?

Thanks.
The truncated preview window is a known issue that we're looking into. Which option dialog box are you referring to?

There isn't a way to print selected rows right now. This feature has been approved for version 1.2 of OmniPlan, so we'll start working on this very soon if everything goes according to plan.