The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to Sort by Due Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been saving up itunes gift cards and finally just got OmniFocus for iPad.. woohoo!

However, I'm stumbling over a very simple but critical sorting question.. how do I sort the context view by "Due Date" ?

Attached is a screenshot.. all I want is the list of tasks in the order of when I have to do them by (due date). How is this done?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omnifocusipad v2.png
Views:	1231
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	1813  

The app doesn't have support for changing the sort order, but we do have a feature request open on adding it; folks who're interested in having that feature should email the support ninjas.

All other things being equal, items with more customer interest tend to get assigned higher priority, so emailing helps a lot. Thanks!

Bonzo,

if you are also running the Mac version of OmniFocus, you can set up a perspective that will display your context view sorted by due date. Unfortunately, there's no UI on the iPad version yet to build a perspective, but I can help you do that; send me a private message. The Omni support folks would probably be willing to help if you ask them nicely, too (and enough such requests might encourage the support folks to light a fire under the developers!)

I can't believe this feature doesn't exit.

I just want to sort by due date within my project views. I don't want to jump through hoops to do it.

Note that forecast view is already doing something like this: It's grouping stuff by due date.

And creating a perspective on the Mac and then using it on the iPhone version works very well for this; I've been doing it for over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgirl View Post
i can't believe this feature doesn't exit.

I just want to sort by due date within my project views. I don't want to jump through hoops to do it.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Note that forecast view is already doing something like this: It's grouping stuff by due date.

And creating a perspective on the Mac and then using it on the iPhone version works very well for this; I've been doing it for over a year.
Problem is forecast view doesn't have context so how can I see what I should do first of the things I can do in my current context.

Happy to add your feature request. As an aside, please refrain from "+1" posts; they fall under point #2 of our forum rules.

If your two posts were combined, that would be fine, obviously. Thanks!

I love how you have a separate christmas context. I am really not looking forward to all that stress again..

Hi guys, i just bought the OmniFocus for iPad and I need this sort by due date in Context badly.

ie: I'm at home, so i want to see what tasks I have from Home context. Its very disorganized without sorting by due dates. I have tasks that due Today at the bottom of the list, and tasks without Due dates at the top, basically its unsorted and very disorganized.

Another issue is that I have many tasks under Misc. Project without Start/Due dates because I want to do them whenever I have the free time. But these items do not show up in the Forecast. The only way is to either go to the Project/Context, but again its unsorted making it very disorganized.

Also I can't set priorities as there is no such function except to flag them... How do i rank actions by just flagging them??