The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Gmail issue when replying to a thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did not see this issue mentioned after a search, so I'll mention it.

I'm using a MacBook, and this behavior happens only on the Universal versions of OmniWeb. It does not happen on OW 5.1 -- I checked.

I often reply to ongoing threads in Gmail using the Sneaky Peeks and now 5.5b1. These threads will thus have the header "Re: Thread heading about whatever it is." (Note the "Re:" at the front.) When I reply, I wind up adding another "Re:" in front of the reply! So my reply winds up with a new header "Re: Re: Thread heading about whatever it is."

Oh! One other hint - it happens when I use the standard HTML interface in Gmail but NOT when I use the simple interface. This may be one of the things that is "unsupported"?

Anyway, it should not do this . . . Any idea why or how it can be fixed?