The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
OF 1.7.5 creates ghost window in Expose Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Omni Forums,

OmniFocus 1.7.5 creates a 'ghost' window in Expose if I call Expose while OmniFocus window is active.

Below is the screenshot of the window.



Is there a solution for 1.7.5 version?

Regards
 
This 'feature' is still not fixed in OF 1.8.

Nobody cares about this ghost window?
 
Sorry, we had a lot on our plates for 1.8 and didn't get a chance to look into why there might be a ghost window appearing in Exposé. (Exposé automatically finds windows on the screen, but that doesn't seem to be a window which we've placed anywhere on the screen—so I'm not sure where that's coming from! But it seems to be unique to OmniFocus, so we must be doing something to trigger that bug in Exposé…)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sorry, we had a lot on our plates for 1.8 and didn't get a chance to look into why there might be a ghost window appearing in Exposé. (Exposé automatically finds windows on the screen, but that doesn't seem to be a window which we've placed anywhere on the screen—so I'm not sure where that's coming from! But it seems to be unique to OmniFocus, so we must be doing something to trigger that bug in Exposé…)
Ken, thanks for attention.

I read yesterday that you were going to release 1.8 and had more important things to do.

But I think I'm not the only one with this ghost window. I simply don't understand why people did not report about it before - because this is an all-time behaviour on all configurations i tested 1.7.5 and 1.8.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
But I think I'm not the only one with this ghost window. I simply don't understand why people did not report about it before - because this is an all-time behaviour on all configurations i tested 1.7.5 and 1.8.
Oh, you're not the only one, it's been reported by three other customers—and it's easy for me to reproduce here on my laptop. But I don't think it's actually an OmniFocus bug—er, "programmer's error"—since it worked just fine in Exposé in Tiger (10.4) and Leopard (10.5) and has only been reported by people since Apple shipped Snow Leopard.

You might try reporting it to Apple (in fact, it might turn out that's the only possible way to fix it without breaking some of OmniFocus' functionality), but I'm also willing to look into seeing if there's some way for us to avoid triggering the problem. (But with only four customer reports, it seeming to not actually be our error, and not terribly severe consequences from the error, I'm afraid it's not yet at the top of our priority list.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Oh, you're not the only one, it's been reported by three other customers—and it's easy for me to reproduce here on my laptop. But I don't think it's actually an OmniFocus bug—er, "programmer's error"—since it worked just fine in Exposé in Tiger (10.4) and Leopard (10.5) and has only been reported by people since Apple shipped Snow Leopard.

You might try reporting it to Apple (in fact, it might turn out that's the only possible way to fix it without breaking some of OmniFocus' functionality), but I'm also willing to look into seeing if there's some way for us to avoid triggering the problem. (But with only four customer reports, it seeming to not actually be our error, and not terribly severe consequences from the error, I'm afraid it's not yet at the top of our priority list.)
I think it may be caused by Quick Entry window. I did not find an option to turn Quick Entry off completely. I checked quick entry window of Things - it does not have such effect.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
But with only four customer reports, it seeming to not actually be our error, and not terribly severe consequences from the error, I'm afraid it's not yet at the top of our priority list.
There may be only 4 reports but seems like every 10.6.4 user has this ghost window in Expose. I don't get why you are not very much concerned about such things.

You know when I was first thinking of trying Omni products I was said by much more experienced Mac user that I should not use Omni products as they are low quality products.

I decided to invest my time and try it anyway. I hope that in the end it won’t be a waste. As other dozens and dozens of todo and GTD managers for Windows and Mac.

Otherwise I will have to again return to Microsoft Excel being the most powerful, quality, reliable, and useful application for GTD which is irreplaceable task manager for sophisticated projects thanks to VBA, Office integration, exporting capabilities and simplicity when you deal with complex things.

One of the core concepts of GTD is placing your tasks in a safe place. So far I have not got a feeling that OmniFocus is a safe harbor for my tasks.

I hope that my experience will result in positive conclusions.

...

Actually I wrote two more pages about many things but I think it is too early to talk too much - I’m new here and you may get me wrong. :)

Last edited by makesense; 2010-09-10 at 03:48 AM..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
There may be only 4 reports but seems like every 10.6.4 user has this ghost window in Expose. I don't get why you are not very much concerned about such things.
I run 10.6.4 on a MB Pro and OF 1.8 (sneaky peeks before that, 1.7 before that, etc.). I have never seen this problem myself. Would you like every user that has *not* seen the problem to report it here?
 
I have not seen this issue either under 10.6.4 running 1.8, and just checked again before posting this. In other words, only four people reporting this doesn't make the issue a crisis. It's obviously not something that impacts everyone.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
I run 10.6.4 on a MB Pro and OF 1.8 (sneaky peeks before that, 1.7 before that, etc.). I have never seen this problem myself. Would you like every user that has *not* seen the problem to report it here?
I installed 1.7.5 and 1.8 on two brand-new MacBook Pro's version 7.1, fully updated.
I installed 1.7.5 and 1.8 on three 'clear' virtual machines. Every time I get this ghost window right out of the box.


Would you please specify, do you use Growl? It is something I have not tried yet.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ghost Shared Layers (that multiply) mjatfrog OmniGraffle Extras 1 2009-05-27 08:44 PM
Problems with Exposé canadagoose OmniFocus 1 for Mac 6 2009-01-27 02:44 PM
Tab Exposé feature m-rick OmniWeb Feature Requests 7 2006-07-05 09:55 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.