The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Notifications in OF - Status... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been reading the forum trying to figure out what is the status of notifications in OF.

What I want to do is be able to have for some rare tasks where I set a notification. An sample case of this, is a call that I have to make before 7.00am for example.

Is there a way to do this? I noticed that there seems to be some growl support, but I quite not get when and how it works.

Thanks for your help. Martin.

I would love to have this feature in the iPhone version of OF. Is this beeing added or planned for a future release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdio428 View Post
I would love to have this feature in the iPhone version of OF. Is this beeing added or planned for a future release?
It is not possible to do notifications in _any_ iPhone app at the moment. This is a limitation of the iPhone at the present time... nothing Omni can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchohs View Post
I've been reading the forum trying to figure out what is the status of notifications in OF.

What I want to do is be able to have for some rare tasks where I set a notification. An sample case of this, is a call that I have to make before 7.00am for example.

Is there a way to do this? I noticed that there seems to be some growl support, but I quite not get when and how it works.

Thanks for your help. Martin.
Growl support works fine, and will pop up a notification bubble when an item comes available, comes due, or comes overdue, and you can specify via Growl how long these bubbles are onscreen.

All this stuff works great right now... maybe you just need to investigate it further? Not it will do it for all items of a class... i.e. all items as they're due.