The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do you properly balance project vs. task work? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I find that my projects are getting neglected. I have way too many individual tasks to get completed (and am starting to move more to someday/maybe project that is "On hold"). I'm doing tasks that are marked for today, but what I think I need is more "project time" where I carve out a larger chunk of time to work on a project. Drucker stated that effective executives need larger blocks of time to be effective; not everything can be timesliced.

How do you do so? Do you block time on the calendar (ie. two hours for this particular thinking-required project)? Or does your thinking come during your weekly planning?