The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync Consistently Failing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had synchronization working (and working well) until yesterday when I noticed that the contents on the iPhone3G and Mac were diverging. So, I manually added the items missing on the Mac's OF file and then reset the synchronization.

Every since then OF ALWAYS fails to synchronize. I see many:
OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-xxxxxxxx folders with many zip files inside on my iDisk, but OF always says "Unable to synchronize database with server. timed out."

Any clues?

Just for kicks I switched the location on the iDisk from "Documents" to "Public" and then it works. The Public folder is not password protected, so this is not a very good workaround.

I don't know offhand what the problem is, but I recommend moving aside / deleting the OmniFocus.ofocus file in the Documents folder on the iDisk, then resetting the location to be Documents again and sync up, and see if that doesn't resolve the issue. (And if it does, go back and delete that unprotected copy in Public.)