The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Allows next actions"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I’ve had the Inspectors closed for a few weeks now since I haven’t needed to use them. I opened them up this evening and noticed a checkbox under the Context inspector called “Allows next actions”. I don’t remember seeing this before. What does it do?

When I selected a context in Context view and unticked the box, all of the actions for that context disappeared. At least, that’s what happened when I was only showing ‘Available’ actions. When I changed the filter settings to show ‘All’ actions, unticking the ‘Allows next actions’ box for any context didn’t have any noticeable effect whatsoever.

What’s going on here?

I put this setting to use with my "waitingfor" context. It allows me to include those tasks in my project planning, but not have them show up when I list available tasks in context view (since they are not actions that I myself can take).

The only small annoyance is that revealing the waitingfors for review is a two-step process as you mentioned - context to waitingfor and filter to remaining.

(Perhaps "allows next actions" should really be "allows available actions"...)