The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot save to server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I teach in a lab using Leopard 10.5.5 and I'm using Managed User accounts for students. Students save their files to a network account (Novell running Apple services.) As I was testing today in preparation for lessons next quarter, I discovered that I cannot save files to the server when I am using a Manager account. I get the error: The document "whatever" could not be saved as "whatever". You do not have appropriate access privileges. When I use the computer's Admin account I can save.

Using the computer's student account I can save to the computer's hard drive (not my chosen methodology but an option if need be). Obviously OG is attempting to save something to a directory that the managed account doesn't have permissions to but I cannot figure out what/where. At first I thought it might be something to do with the student/teacher Novell account but using the student computer account and my Novell admin account I still could not save. So the issue seems to be something being saved to the local computer and not the server at all.