The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New User Seeks Tutoring\Mentoring Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I purchased on the focus or the iPAD about a month ago and am having some trouble figuring how to set it up and get going. My previous set up is on a program called todo for the iPAD. Todo never really worked, I just have a huge data dump in there, and I am somewhat hesitant to set up my OF as previous experience with Microsoft Project, todo, toodledo and the like has taught me that improper logic on the setup somewhat inhibits if not destroys the ability to properly use the software. I have read all the tutorials, read GTD ages ago, read the manual, watched all the screen casts, purchased the online book for 29 bucks and it just about completed it, and have reviewed the forum many, many times. My question is (I posted a similar request recently on the forum)Does anybody have any interest in consulting\tutoring a new member in setting up and using on a daily basis? There is an extremely knowledgeable and passionate group of dedicated users on this forum, and I would really appreciate any way to get help. I don't expect somebody to give me their valuable time for free, and I'm willing to pay for it. As with a lot of people in today's fast-paced world, time is in short supply (I am 51 years old, self-employed, have three young kids, play hockey four nights a week) and I know that my learning curve with an expert guiding me could be tremendously shortened, and I could get up and running very quickly versus months of experimenting, tweaking, blogging etc. etc. any help appreciated

Dave, if it helps at all, our phone ninjas are available by phone at no charge. They can't offer unlimited support, but anything up to an hour/week of phone time is considered par for the course. (Additional support is available via email, of course; we just need to make sure that everybody that wants phone support gets a turn in a reasonable amount of time.)

They're available at 800-315-6664 any time between 10am and 5pm Pacific time; we help folks with stuff like this all the time.

Is that an hour a week per ninja, or per customer? :-)

Heh, just saw this. :-)

An hour per customer, with a request that we try to keep any given call under the 30-minute mark. It's not uncommon to have all the ninjas on the phone at the same time; we don't want everyone else to have to leave voice mail and then wait for a full hour to get help.