The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support multiple keychain entries for a site Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have several accounts at some sites, like gmail. OmniWeb, however, will auto-fill information for only one account, which is really inconvenient when I want to log in to a different account and defeats the purpose of storing passwords in the keychain. It would be great if OmniWeb would behave like Safari in this regard. Typing the first few letters of the account name would bring up a list of possible matches and selecting one would fill in the proper password.

Supporting multiple bookmarks is something we'd certainly like to add in the future. I can't give a time frame but it probably wont be added before we release OmniWeb 5.5.

I would also like to have this feature added.

I think you should work a lot on the form fill code.
OW doesn't work also if you have different password form on different URI of the same site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat
I think you should work a lot on the form fill code.
OW doesn't work also if you have different password form on different URI of the same site.
This is actually for security reasons. We used to only check the domain but decided to stop doing this once potential security holes were pointed out.

Unfortunately, a lot of sites, especially those of major companies, tend to have constantly changing URLs, which presents a problem with OW. On these sites, it's not unusual to see both the 3rd-level domain and the file path change.

I even seem to remember this creating the effect on one or two sites of having multiple username/password combinations stored in the keychain by OW, with the end-effect being that multiple loads of the same page end up with a different login pre-filled each time depending on which server happens to handle your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
This is actually for security reasons. We used to only check the domain but decided to stop doing this once potential security holes were pointed out.
Which are the security issues ?
The latest Safari save everything without problems :)