The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus launch - lots of "little boxes" fade in and fade out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I launch OmniFocus - lots of "little boxes" fade in and fade out - it's really annoying. How do I get rid of this behavior? I've tried looking in prefs but just can't find anything (and am not sure what they are called). This didn't always happen - it started sometime in last 4 months I think but am not sure. I'm assuming it was implemented into one of the more recent upgrades.

It makes me not want to launch OF it's so annoying. Please help.

I can't think of anything that would be causing what you're describing. I certainly haven't experienced anything like what you're describing, nor have I heard of anyone else experiencing anything like that. Please use the Send Feedback item in the Help menu to send our support team a help request - maybe they will have heard of it, or have some ideas about how to go about figuring out what the problem is.

karenp,

I suspect that you're seeing Growl notifications of OF events. OF sends events to Growl for things like overdue tasks, available tasks, etc. Growl then displays notifications ("little boxes" by default, though there are other formats). Growl is a third party application and is configured using its own preference pane within System Preferences. From there you can choose for which events, if any, you want notifications.

If my guess is correct but the Growl configuration is too confusing, please post back and I'll give more detailed information. (Growl is great, but its configuration interface isn't.) Good luck!

Curt

Thanks to you both for the help. Curt, you are absolutely right - I must have installed Growl at some time to try out and then forgot about it. Went into the system prefs and turned it off - now, no boxes when I open OF. Yay...

Apologies to OF for even thinking it was OF!

Ah, Curt, glad you caught that. I'm not using Growl, and I was focusing on the "when I launch" part of the original post, and just didn't think of Growl at all.