The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick Entry Window Misbehaving in 1.7.4 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone else noticed that activating the Quick Entry window while OmniFocus is hidden brings both the Quick Entry and the main window to the front in 1.7.4 r119278?

Feedback sent already [OG #474865].

-Dennis

I'm not seeing that here, whether OmniFocus is merely obscured by a stack of other windows, or I've explicitly done a File->Hide OmniFocus. Are you seeing this with Leopard or Snow Leopard?

This is with Snow Leopard. My Quick Entry Shortcut is set to Control-Space, but the issue still occurs even with other shortcuts (I tried Command-Shift-Comma and F13).

Clarification: If my main OmniFocus window is not hidden but obscured by other windows, invoking my Quick Entry shortcut brings just the Quick Entry window to the front as expected. However, if the main OmniFocus window is hidden (Command-H or OmniFocus -> Hide OmniFocus), invoking my Quick Entry shortcut brings both the main window and the Quick Entry window to the front with the Quick Entry window on top with keyboard focus.

Are you running the latest sneaky peak (r119278), Bill?

-Dennis

One other observation: When the main window comes to the front with my Quick Entry window (after having been hidden), the menu bar does not update. In other words, the menu bar continues to display the name and menus of the previous app I was using. But the main OmniFocus window and Quick Entry window are clearly in the foreground.

-Dennis

Well, my previous report was with 119278, under Tiger. I just had a chance to try with 119178 (not 278), under Snow Leopard, and there I get the behavior you described in your initial post: both quick entry and main document windows coming to the top when invoking the quick entry short cut (ctrl-option-space in my case).

Sorry, that's an unexpected regression in the sneaky peeks which was caused by this change:

Quote:
Fixed issue when running under 10.6 where the quick entry window would not hide open date pickers when it closes (possibly leading a crash the next time the date picker was used in quick entry). As a bonus, fixed some hover effect issues too.
We're working on an updated fix.

Seems to be fixed in 1.7.4 r119443. Thanks, Ken.

-Dennis