The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Personal/Computer/Network...which one? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I swear that I must be an idiot and just don't get it...I have a license for Omniweb, but want to use it on my imac and powerbook. I have added the license to both computers, and have tried the personal and computer license, but I always seem to have one browser showing as a demo with so many days left.

Reading the manual, it seems to say that I can choose one user with more than one computer. Does the user name(my short name) have to be the same, or does it mean one registered user? I really love Omniweb 5.5, but don't want to worry about my demo expiring on one of the machines. I think I can't be running Omniweb on both machines at the same time...I am starting to feel like I did in Algebra, it is explained to me, but I just don't understand!!:confused:

You're probably running the both computers on the same network, OW checks to see if another copy of OW with the same license number is running and if so it only launches as demo. Quit the copy on the other machine and you should be able to launch OW as usual.