The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iCal Sync Questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the video and can't wait for the beta but since it was one of the things skipped in the video, I had a few questions about iCal syncing.

- Will it still sync contexts as calendars like kGTD does? I find this VERY useful and GTD as you can focus in on a context (Email) on your Treo.

- If you change a context (as it seems so easy) will it also change the calendar name and not disturb anything else?

- Will things syncing back from iCal (completed items, new items, changed contexts) work just like they do today in kGTD?

- How will sub-contexts work with iCal syncing or what is the going theory?

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
- If you change a context (as it seems so easy) will it also change the calendar name and not disturb anything else?
That might be dangerous - if you have any other apps that hook into your iCal calendars, renaming the calendar may break those until reconfigured. I think I'd probably be in favor of having to manually rename the calendar, so I'm forced to be more aware of it

Another question:

- Will there be an option for iCal syncing in terms of sequential vs parallel projects. Example: I want to sync ALL parallel project tasks but I only want to sync the next action of a sequential project.

BZ

I have been working with iGTD a lot over the past month and started out using the iCal sync facility because I want alarms on tasks/projects. I stopped because iCal gets very cluttered. Its task list was just not meant to deal with all GTD type apps put out.

What I want is to be able to selectively sync (easily). But more important than that, I want to set alarms reminders in OmniFocus directly. Use Growl for notifications or something else.