The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

fun rating? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I put into Omni Focus all of my projects and tasks and I started to sort, filter and look at them under different criteria I started to understand Schopenhauer's words about Sokrates walking around ancient Greek market saying: "God, there is so much stuff in the world that I don't need".
Similarly, thanks to Omni Focus i realized that there is so many tasks in different areas of my life with a "minor amount of fun" although necessary to complete in order to move forward. It came to my mind that it might by useful to assign "fun ratings" to every project or action - something similar to ratings in iTunes. So the action "go with daughter to buy her some ice cream" would get five stars, and project "tax preparation" would obviously get one star ;-). This could be helpful - at least for me - to see it in the context of available energy... Greetings to all OmniFocus team and users. I like this software a lot!!!