The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sort by date added - broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just created a project with a huge number of actions (over 50). Now unfortunately all the actions are sorted alphabetically rather then by date added. When I hit view to sort by date added, nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing or is there a bug with large projects?

Ok, so I found the other sort option under edit, but now I have two additional questions.

1) What's the different between this sort option and the one in the view bar?

2) How can make it sort from Oldest -> Newest. Right now it seems like it can only sort project items by Newest -> Oldest. (which is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to do.)

Thanks!

it's not a bug .. that's the way the date added sort works , you have to scroll down to see the oldest .

I guess the questions I'm really trying to find answer to here
  1. Why did the list change from the order I entered them to alphabetical?
  2. How do I get it to change back? (Sort by date added gives me the opposite of what I want).

Why can't you see the date an item was added?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexattend View Post
Why can't you see the date an item was added?
But you can! Select an item, bring up the inspector, you'll see the date/time it was added and the date/time it was last changed right there under the start, due and completed dates/times. You can also group by date added.

If your question is why can't you do this in the main view like you can with start, due, and completion dates, use Help->Send Feedback to request it and maybe they'll agree it should be done.