The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tabbing does more then expected Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
greetings all,

I moved an item up a few rows and then hit tab. The results were unexpected. Image one shows "class #8" is below the B of the previous "class #7." Image number two shows that after I hit tab, item "class #8" turns into "class #3" instead of C.
Additionally, letters a and B are indented significantly.

Any ideas how this is happening and why? More importantly, how do I stop it from happening?

Thanks, Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tabbing1.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	2970   Click image for larger version

Name:	tabbing2.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2971  

You have "Class #" set as a row label prefix. The number changed because you changed the row's indentation. That is also why A and B are indented so much because that's so they line up with the "Class #3" label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
You have "Class #" set as a row label prefix. The number changed because you changed the row's indentation. That is also why A and B are indented so much because that's so they line up with the "Class #3" label.
Well, that makes some sense. BUT, I've never had that happen before in OO3. When I indent, the indented row has ALWAYS taken on the attributes of the row it's been indented to. It's never carried its setting over.

I'm confused.

I've just tried playing with the style in these rows. I choose the #2 level with the letters. Copied that style. Then I did the indent and tried applying the copied style. That fixed it. Wait, not so fast. I then outdented and it took the level 2 style out to level one.
DO WE now have to copy/paste styles every time we do an indent/outdent?

Perplexed,
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Well, that makes some sense. BUT, I've never had that happen before in OO3. When I indent, the indented row has ALWAYS taken on the attributes of the row it's been indented to. It's never carried its setting over.

I'm confused.

I've just tried playing with the style in these rows. I choose the #2 level with the letters. Copied that style. Then I did the indent and tried applying the copied style. That fixed it. Wait, not so fast. I then outdented and it took the level 2 style out to level one.
DO WE now have to copy/paste styles every time we do an indent/outdent?

Perplexed,
Scott
There should not be any difference in behavior in this situation over OO3 (edge cases of styles applied through means that no longer exist in 4 aside). My guess would be that the "Class #" prefix is set directly on those rows, not the row level style. And that sound like what you did in your copy/paste example as well. Styles applied to a row through a row level style will not stay with the row when it changes levels, only styles locally applied to that specific row will. There could of course be a bug here. If you're still having trouble getting this to work right, please send a copy of this file to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com so we can see exactly what's going on. Thanks!